The Famous tropical fish capacitors from Philips, also known as 342 / 352 series or F.F.C. caps.
These are Metalized film or PETP capacitors and are used a lot in audio applications like crossover filters, guitar effect pedals, etc.
PETP stands for polyethylene terephthalate film
Mullard also produced these caps under Philips license and are known as the C280 series.
The 342 series capacitors have straight long leads.
The 352 series, the successor of the 342 series have cropped leads.
Please check the datasheet for specs. and sizes.
- Constructed from metallized (aluminium) PET film.
- Dielectric material: polyethylene terephthalate, abbreviated as PETP
- Losses (at 10kHz): tan δ < 150 x 10^-4
- Insulation Resistance: 30, 000 MΩ
- Temperature Range: -40 to +85°C
- Leakage Current: < 1µA
- Isolation Resistance: > 200MΩ
- Tolerance are 10% / 20% as indicated
- Capacitance range: 0.001uF to 6.8uF
- Voltage range: 100Vdc to 630Vdc